Saturday, December 11, 2021

Bumper Cars With A View: Venice Pre-Covid

Le Giostre, or the Luna Park along the water, was a post-war Venetian holiday tradition: initially not far from Piazza San Marco, on the Riva degli Schiavoni;; more recently (as above), just east of Via Garibaldi of the Riva dei Sette Martiri. Covid put an end to it all a couple of years ago, and I'm not sure whether it has returned this year, though I suspect (and maybe hope, given the new variant) that it has not. (This photo, which always struck me as a still from a film that never actually existed, was taken January 5, 2015.)

2 comments:

  1. Having spent all of November ill, a great delight to catch up with all your wonderful, and memory-provoking images including wonderful reminders of those many years at this time of year, spent in Venice. Now it does not seem likely I shall be able to return in person, not just because of the Coronavirus - but you have seriously cheered me up! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete