Saturday, December 24, 2016

On Practical Beauty in Venice and Christmas Trees


Today I'm linking to a seasonal post I first put up on this blog three years ago, and re-posted once before (in 2014). A lot of people seemed to enjoy it, and it still seems to me to be the best job I've done of recounting some of the unique aspects of celebrating Christmas in Venice, as well as some of the unique aspects of raising a child here. Or at least of raising one particular child here with his own particular Venetian-influenced passions.

You'll find the post here: On Practical Beauty in Venice and Christmas Trees

And if you'd like to read more about the process of buying a Christmas tree in Venice and transporting it home in a small traditional-style boat, you'll find that post here: Boating Home a Christmas Tree: Tradition or Folly?


Happy holidays.


1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and your family. I remember very well you and Sandro on the vaporetto with his new red hand truck carrying your Christmas tree home in 2013. I was the American woman who asked to take your picture with your camera so you would have one with the two of you in it.
    Here is the link to a picture I took of the two of you:
    https://get.google.com/albumarchive/108609841914264779487/album/AF1QipPCl_0mT1mYpNVVomiKzgxwJWfBsDx1bq7nRplr/AF1QipNi86cyfWDQYyDROB6Tf8yZn2I87EFRnNE1EDh5?authKey=CKfGjojskM7v7gE

    Buon Natale.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete