Monday, December 17, 2012

Ponte Rielo, This Evening


In contrast to Campiello de la Cason, which I posted about last week, Ponte Rielo can be fairly said to lie "off the beaten track", located as it is far from the popular routes between the Rialto Bridge and Piazza San Marco, and tucked away among the more inconspicuous and enclosed pockets of calli (and locals) in Castello. 

Of course to many of the Venice lovers who visit websites devoted to the city the bridge is likely to be well-known--I have no hope of surprising the cognoscenti!--but it's easy enough to never pass this way even if you live in Castello. Though not far off one end of a major thoroughfare, it still requires a conscious effort to be found--I lived here a year before I happened upon it--which I leave to those with the time and inclination to do so. I think it's worth it.

A view from the other side of the bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment